Hi everyone! This is a list that I plan to maintain with mental health resources that I hear about, that I'm told about - basically, it's crowdsourcing. I know some, but not many, and very few outside the United States or that work with uninsured, underinsured and low-income people. Leave your ideas in the comments and I'll add them to the list. I'll bump this to the top every so often so we can keep adding resources to the list!
HelpGuide.org suicide prevention resources here.
National Suicide Hotlines
If you are acutely suicidal, PLEASE CALL ONE OF THESE NUMBERS! If you would rather chat with someone online than talk to someone on the phone, click here.
For a list of INTERNATIONAL suicide hotlines, click here.
- National Hope Line: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
- The Help Line USA: 1-800-785-8111
- Girls and Boys Town: 1-800-448-3000
- Covenant House: 1-800-999-9999
- The Trevor Project: 1-800-850-8078 (for gay or questioning youth)